WCA Youth Vegan Cook-Along
WCA Youth Vegan Cook-Along 4th May at 6pm
In the first of our series of events hosted by youth members, we are excited to invite you to a vegan cook-along where we will be making quesadillas!
Here is the ingredients list which is flexible to suit your needs and hopefully reduce how much you need to buy:
- Salt and pepper
- Oil of your choice (e.g. coconut oil, but could be olive oil)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves/garlic powder
- Two spices out of: cumin, paprika, chilli powder, cayenne pepper (depending on what you all have)
- 2 halve tins out of: kidney beans, black beans, black eyed beans, cannellini beans (depending on what you have)
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- Tortilla wraps
- Optional: 1 avocado, vegan cheese (e.g. Violife)
- 1 large bowl, 1 small bowl (if using avocado)
- 1 chopping knife
- Chopping board
- Garlic press (if you have it, not essential)
- Colander (if you have it, not essential)
- Frying pan
- Spatula (like you would use for flipping pancakes)
- Grater (if using cheese)
The event is open to all under 25's. For participants aged under 14, parental/guardian permission will be required and they will need to be present at the event.
Do not hesitate to reach out and email for any further information and if you have an idea for a youth event you would like to host, tell us about it HERE.
Zoom links will be sent shortly before the event. Register below now!